Doray Minerals Ltd (ASX:DRM) is an Australian Gold and Copper Producer.
The Company’s Deflector Gold Copper Project is located in the southern Murchison region of WA, 450km north of Perth and 160km east of Geraldton. First production from the Deflector open pit occurred in May 2016 and the transition to solely underground production was completed by June 2017.
Deflector is a shallow, narrow vein, underground mine. The ore is located in a series of structurally controlled lodes and is open for extensions at depth and along strike. A purpose built processing facility was constructed to recover gold in bullion and produce a copper gold concentrate via flotation methods.
Recent near mine exploration has been successful making the Da Vinci discovery immediately north of the current Deflector mine. The mineralisation characteristics of Da Vinci appear like the Deflector Western Zone. Work is underway to define this new zone of mineralisation as well as provide suitable data to adequately assess its economic potential, with the aim of providing supplementary ore to Deflector.
Working as part of the Deflector safety team and reporting to the OH&S Manager, we are looking for a proactive and driven Health, Safety and Emergency Response professional to undertake the role of Occupational Health, Safety and Emergency Response Coordinator. The primary focus of the role is to promote and maintain site safety, provide medic services and to coordinate and train the Mines Rescue team.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Implementing and maintaining the site Safety Management system;
- Working closely with site personnel to minimise and eliminate risk of injury and unsafe work practices;
- Communicate with all personnel on health and safety related matters;
- Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with the mining contractor and other personnel on site to ensure company standards are upheld;
- Provide training and maintenance of Emergency Preparedness within the Mines Rescue Team;
- Provide an efficient and confidential medical service to site based personnel;
- Review pre-employment and fitness for work assessments;
- Participate and coordinate Incident investigations;
- Coordination and education of Injury management; and
- Maintaining the site First Aid room and Mine Rescue equipment.
Building on the demonstrated strength of the Deflector safety team, you will add value through your extensive experience, your passion for continuous improvement and drive to exceed industry standards. You have a professional attitude with the ability to build, develop and maintain relationships with employees, contractors and regulatory bodies alike.
This will be supported by the following qualifications, experience and characteristics;
- Diploma or Certificate IV in Occupational Health and Safety as a minimum;
- Certificate IV Workplace Trainer and Assessor;
- 3+ years previous Mining experience working in a site-based Safety and/or Emergency Response role (underground experience essential);
- Emergency Response Qualification in line with the Resources Infrastructure Training Package (Cert III Mines Rescue and CCBA);
- Industrial Emergency Responder, Cert IV Pre-Hospital Care or equivalent;
- Strong working knowledge of the WA Mine Safety and Inspection Act & Regulations (essential);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence at all levels of the organisation;
- Prior experience and management of Worker’s Compensation and knowledge of Injury Management legislation; and
- A drive and passion for safe work practices.
We are offering the opportunity to work in an interesting and diverse role on a FIFO 15:13 roster cycle from Perth and be part of a small, high-performing and friendly team.
Salary commensurate with skills and experience will be offered to the successful candidate.
To be considered for this role, please forward your CV and a brief covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the role that you are applying for in the subject line of your email no later than Monday 25th February, 2019.
Please note – candidates will not be accepted or considered from third parties or recruitment consultancies.
For more information about Doray Minerals Limited please visit our website at www.dorayminerals.com.au