Doray Minerals Ltd (ASX:DRM) is an Australian Gold and Copper Producer.
The Company’s Deflector Gold Copper Project is located in the southern Murchison region of WA, 450km north of Perth and 160km east of Geraldton. First production from the Deflector open pit occurred in May 2016 and the transition to solely underground production was completed by June 2017.
Deflector is a shallow, narrow vein, underground mine. The ore is located in a series of structurally controlled lodes and is open for extensions at depth and along strike. A purpose built processing facility was constructed to recover gold in bullion and produce a copper gold concentrate via flotation methods.
Recent near mine exploration has been successful making the Da Vinci discovery immediately north of the current Deflector mine. The mineralisation characteristics of Da Vinci appear similar to the Deflector Western Zone. Work is underway to define this new zone of mineralisation as well as provide suitable data to adequately assess its economic potential, with the aim of providing supplementary ore to Deflector.
Due to project development and operational demands, we are looking for an enthusiastic and committed Graduate Geologist to undertake a Field Assistant role on an 8:6 FIFO roster. Working closely with both the Exploration and Mine Geology teams, this role provides the opportunity to build a solid foundation in the industry through the collection of geological data whilst maintaining quality control process and procedures. Reporting to the Senior Field Assistant, you will be expected to meet industry best practice while operating in a safe, sustainable and efficient manner. We see this role as an excellent learning foundation for Graduate Geologists before stepping into a Geology role when these become available.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Provide assistance to Geologists to ensure that work programmes are completed as planned;
- Liaise with contractors, suppliers, Traditional Owners, Landholders and other Departments as directed;
- Undertake diamond core processing, including mark-up and orientation, core cutting, sampling and other related measurements;
- Ensure RC percussion and Air core programmes are conducted to Doray’s standard, with particular reference to sampling and QAQC protocols;
- Undertake other sampling and data collection activities as required;
- Maintain Exploration assets in good order;
- Complete rehabilitation of drill sites and other related ground disturbance activities.
You have a professional attitude and the ability to build, develop and maintain professional relationships with a wide range of people. Your can-do attitude and attention to detail will ensure all exploration, sampling and data collection is carried out to the highest possible standard and level of accuracy.
This will be supported by the following qualifications, experience and characteristics;
- Tertiary qualifications in Geology;
- Current C-class WA drivers licence;
- Ability to observe safety rules and regulations;
- Must be in good physical health;
- Be organised, self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision;
- Ability to work as part of a small and autonomous team;
- Previous vacation work experience within the Mining industry, ideally within Gold Mining, will be highly regarded;
- Be able to communicate effectively with staff of all levels.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in an interesting and diverse role on a FIFO 8:6 roster cycle from Perth, or DIDO from Geraldton/surrounding areas and be part of a small and committed team.
To be considered for this role, please forward your CV and a brief covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the role that you are applying for in the subject line of your email by no later than Monday 3rd December 2018.
Please note – candidates will not be accepted or considered from third parties or recruitment consultancies.
For more information about Doray Minerals Limited please visit our website at www.dorayminerals.com.au